Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Micah's First Prayer

Tonight as we were getting in the van to go to church Micah starts talking about our van being fixed.  It always amazes me when he remembers things but especially an event that happened 2 weeks ago!!  So we are talking about how it was broken and got fixed.  I asked him how it got fixed and he said battery which was correct.  I was telling him how thankful I was that it was fixed and I thanked God for it.  So I asked Micah if he could say Thank You Lord and this is what he said....."Thank You Lord for fixing our car. Amen."  He added the "for fixing our car. Amen"!!!  I was soooo surprised he added that part!  I knew he could repeat what I said but didn't know if he actually would or not but was blown away when he added to it!  My little man is growing up! I have been trying to thank God for things out loud so Micah will hear (and for my sake to be more thankful!) and learn to thank God as well. But I don't feel like I've done a great job at giving Micah the chance to actually pray himself.  So this is something we will work on!  But my heart just melted tonight when he prayed all by himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment