Well, I guess I don't really know which day Brooke actually turned 6 months....it should have been on Feb. 30 but there is no Feb 30 nor will there ever be one! So.....do you say it early on the 28th? or March 2nd which is 2 days later? I don't know! So at this point at least she's 6 months one way or the other!
Brooke had her 6 month appointment Friday morning. She is 16 lbs 7 oz and 27 in long and doing great! I asked her doctor what her percentile was and as she was telling me Brooke spit up on the floor and I didn't pay great attention. She said 80 and 51...I'm pretty sure her height is 80th percentile and weight is 51 percentile. I've got to look back at Micah's stats at 6 months but I think Brooke is bigger than he was at the same age.
She got too many shots today! :( I think she got 3 or maybe 4!!??? I just look and talk to Brooke and don't watch her actually get the shots! I don't like to think or get shots myself and never watch myself get a shot so there's no way I could watch her get one! She cried and was ok after a few minutes but hasn't really been her self most of the day. And one of the shot spots is a little red...hoping it's no big deal and just a tiny reaction! I don't think I ever remember Micah's shot spots having much of a reaction but I'm also pretty sure his bandaids stayed on for a few days (or at least 1 day) whereas Brooke's bandaids had all fallen off before the end of the day!
Brooke also had her first taste of cereal tonight (Friday)! I don't know how much she actually ate but she didn't really spit any of it out or make any crazy faces! I think she was most excited about chewing on the spoon! And Micah was trying to get some attention while Brooke was getting it all with her first eating experience!
 |
| about to get her first bite! |
 |
| Brooke's 1st bite of cereal! |
 |
| micah watching brooke eat |
 |
| she really wanted to just play with the spoon |
 |
| "maybe i can get my hands on the bowl now?!?!" |
 |
| trying to take the spoon from mommy! |
 |
| yay! i finally get to hold the spoon! |
 |
| mommy trying to get the spoon back |
 |
| pretty blue eyes:) and messy face! |
 |
| oooo, i like this spoon! |
 |
| all done! |
We were trying to organize and put away things in Brooke's room and she was laying in her bed while we did this. Micah will usually stand at the side of her bed and talk to her and often wants to get in too. He has gotten in a few times and usually is good but has to be watched because he can get a little crazy in there! He likes to kick "like Brooke" but isn't careful and gentle and sometimes starts kicking around her head! He was getting a little crazy so I had taken Brooke out of the bed. A minute later he started to cry and I didn't really think it was that bad but yelled for David to come back in the room and get him since I had just picked up Brooke. My back was to Micah so I didn't see what happened but when David got him his mouth was bleeding and he had a busted lip! Somehow he bit his lip! And he did NOT want any ice on it! It bled pretty good for a few minutes and he was upset a little while but finally calmed down and was fine.
It's always interesting at our house! HAPPY 6 MONTHS BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment