This past Wednesday night I got the kids in the car to go to Church. I crank the car and it went click, click, click over and over! It wouldn't start! Micah knew immediately something was wrong and started saying, "momma, momma?" In a scared/worried kind of voice. I tried a few more times to start it and nothing happened so I called Daddy and told him we wouldn't be at church that night.
Micah was so sad and wanted to go to church. He told me the names of his friends at church and that he wanted to go see them and Daddy. He got upset a few times and I told him we weren't going to church because the car was broken but we were ok and would just stay home and play. I tried to be as positive as I could but he was so sad it almost made me cry!
If anything is broken these days it needs a screwdriver and batteries to fix it! A screwdriver to take the back off (the toy or whatever) and new batteries to put in it. So of course in Micah's mind all the van needed was a screwdriver and new batteries! I told him I wish that was all it needed! He also said I could fix it which is sooo not true! I have no idea about cars! And then he said Daddy would fix it and again I had to tell him that Daddy didn't know how to fix it either but that we would take it to somebody that did know how to fix it. I was afraid that it was something bad like the alternator or something really expensive! I didn't think it was the battery because the lights came on fine.
So on Thursday morning we call AAA and they sent a tow truck to come get it and the guy said he thought it was the battery and it had just enough juice in it to make the lights work. He jumped it off and sure enough it started!! David took it to Advance Auto Parts or somewhere like that and they checked the battery and it was dead....so Micah was right! It was the battery! Eventhough a battery isn't cheap it was much cheaper than I was thinking the repair was going to cost! And I was soooo thankful that we were home and weren't driving or somewhere else when it happened! I've had my car breakdown before at not so fun times and places but not by myself with the kids. I'm sure that day will happen at some point but pray that it doesn't or is a long way off!!! Thank you Lord for keeping us safe!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment