Saturday, May 28, 2011

My sweet Brooke @ 8 1/2 months

I've wanted to do a month by month update of Brooke and what she is doing but never did so I'm just going to list some things she's doing at the moment.  She is 8 1/2 months (around May 15th) so I guess we'll just call it her 8 1/2 month update:)

Brooke at 8 months and already driving ;)

Happy Brooke:)

She has just started pulling up to a standing position all by herself this past week.  I was making the bed and she pulled up in her pack-n-play...I think she was trying to see what I was doing.  She's been kneeling by her music table but today I saw her stand up all by herself.  When I told David about it he said he had seen her do that a few times already.  So we may have a walker soon!  Not sure that I'm ready for that...I'm still getting used to her crawling! 

And crawling she can do!!  She is taking off and getting into things...like cords!!!  I think that's one of her favorite things to crawl to!  She first "army crawled" to Micah's block puzzle on April 15. By April 22 she was crawling on all four's...to the computer cord!  In early May she really started crawling for longer distances.

She loves Micah! She lights up and gets sooo excited when she see's him especially if she hasn't seen him for a little bit! She smiles and kicks her legs and swings her arms!  It's so cute and fun to watch.  Micah loves his Brooke too!  We are working on sharing his toys with Brooke but he loves to try and make her laugh.

You got your first tooth!  We discovered it the day after your 8 month b-day! And I think you have another one that wants to come in and oh how I wish it would!  You are always (well, most of the time;)) a sweet baby but I think these teeth are getting to you some!  You have started screaming and WOW can you screem!  It's sooo loud it hurts my eardrums!  You especially like to do this when you are eating!  This is one thing I could do without but am afriad the screaming is here to stay! 

You were dedicated on Mother's Day.  There were lots of little boys and girls that were dedicated with you and most of our family got to come and share in this special day.

Daddy, Micah, Mommy, and Brooke!
Micah's face cracks me up!!


Brooke, Mommy, and Grandma or Mamaw as Micah says:)




It wasn't a Cookie Company cooke cake but it was pretty yummy!  The best non-Cookie Company Cake I think I've ever had.

Our Family that was able to come and share in Brooke's special day!

Another pic...pretty good for that many people and especially that many kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment