Saturday, May 28, 2011

the healing chair

We came to Boaz Thusrday night for Graduation and decided to stay the weekend.  This morning (Saturday) Micah woke up with a fever around 100.8.  I knew he was sick when he didn't want to eat a "doonut".  He perked up a little later and did eat the doughnut but the fever came back.  He had no other symptoms but ran a fever pretty much all day.  It was a day of sitting on the couch watching tv and videos.  About 3pm Brooke started running a fever too.  Not as high as Micah's but I could tell she didn't feel good and wasn't her normal self. 

We had plans to eat at Nana's house before heading back to David's parents house.  Nana is our adopted "Nana" and we have spent many Sundays at her house.  We debated if we should go because the kids weren't feeling good but decided to take them hoping they would do ok.  I remember Nana talking about her "healing chair" a long time ago and in the back of my mind I thought maybe it would work on the kids. :)  It's the chair her grandkids would sit in when they were sick and they would get better.  Well, I'm not sure if it was the "healing chair" or just being with Nana and the Smith's but both kids were better by the time we left!!  And when I checked their temps after we left it was pretty much back to normal!  We'll see how the night goes and tomorrow but glad they were feeling better tonight.  We are staying home from church tomorrow to be on the safe side and so we don't spread any germs to our new friends!  Thanks Nana for a great meal and your healing chair!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment