Tuesday, January 18, 2011

finally!!

I have been thinking about starting a blog for about forever now!!  I finally decided to just go for it and quit putting it off! I think part of why I didn't start one before was becuause I wasn't really sure how to do it/how it works and I wanted it to be great but no more waiting or putting it off.

This will mainly be pictures and stories of the everyday life of our family.  And I hope that I can keep up with this on a regular basis.  I'm not a writer so don't expect anything fabulous :) and I hopfully it will make sense...sometimes the lack of sleep with 2 kids might get to me! And I also don't like to proof read! :)

So I will start off with what today is...it's my sweet nephew, Joel's, first Birthday as well as my son, Micah's, 2 1/2 year birthday. 
I know a 1/2 year may not be a big deal but when you are 2 a 1/2 year makes a big difference!  I can't believe how much he's grown and changed.  He is not my little baby anymore!  Oh how I miss those sweet baby days but at the same time I love seeing him grow and watching him learn new things.  It seems like in the last month or so his vocabulary has really increased and he is using longer sentences and phrases!  I love to ask him questions and see what he says in response.  Sometimes he tells me the correct thing but sometimes I know he's telling me a story and it makes me want to laugh!  He always has a party in his crib before naptime and bedtime and today was no different.  I needed to get my haircut sooo bad and finally did today.  Thankfully Daddy came home a few minutes early from work so I could get it cut while Micah was "sleeping".  I was also going to run to Wal-Mart after if the kids were fine (mainly Brooke).  I called to check and David said Micah fell in his crib and cried for a minute and then was fine and sleeping.  When I got home and we woke Micah up from his nap I noticed he had a red spot above his eye and it was a little swolen.  I asked him what he did in his bed to hurt his eye and he said he was jumping in his bed (no surprise there).  Then he tells me he was jumping and saying "ta-da" so I asked who he was saying "ta-da" to.  He told me his cup.  He said he jumped and said, "ta-da cup!"  He's so funny!  He has just started saying things like this in the past week or 2 maybe.  I have also caught him talking on the phone to my mom, "mamaw" or "memaw" as he calls her, and she will ask him a question and he will tell her something and I'm laughing in the background because I know it's not the truth!  2 1/2 year olds are so funny! 



Here are a few pics of the Birthday boys...
Micah is 1 1/2 years old today and waiting on Grandma's shoulders for baby Joel's arrival!
Jan. 18, 2010
Joel and Micah "meet" for the first time...sleepy little boys :)
Jan. 18, 2010
Micah seeing Joel for the first time!  He was so sweet with Joel.
1/18/10
The difference a year can make.......
Joel the day after Christmas and as close to a year as I have right now!
1/26/10

Micah the night of the National Chapionship game and as close to a year pic as I have right now.
1/10/11
This picture of Micah has one of his most favorite toys right now...mr tato head!  And his baby sister Brooke and we were all chearing that night for Auburn to with the National Chapionship game which they did!  But oh was it an intense game!!!  As Micah said before the game it's, "game time" and "go auburn!!!

I started writing this post on the 18th and was hoping to get it done but it's now the 19th so it's the day after the boys birthday...just had to make that note. :)

Monday was also our niece, Leah's, birthday.  I remember the year she was born because David and I were on a ski trip with the youth from our church and it was when we started getting to know each other.  We had met right before the trip and had fun talking on the looong bus ride there and back.  David was the youth intern and I was home for Christmas break/Jan term right before student teaching.  Wow, that seems like a long time ago!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEL, LEAH, and 2 & 1/2 BIRTHDAY MICAH!!!!!!!!

More of The Littles Life later.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment