Tuesday, June 7, 2011

crazy week! WARRNING: if you don't like poopy stories you might not like this post!

This past week and a half has been a crazy one!  Last Thursday we went to 2 graduations.  One for our new kids and the second for our old kids.  Since we were going to Boaz for graduation we decided to stay at our house there for the weekend.  The plan was to come back sometime on Saturday.  We had fun relaxing and hanging out with some of our friends there.  Saturday morning Micah woke up with a fever around 100.8.  I knew he wasn't feeling good when he didn't want a chocolate doughnut!  That boy loves doughnuts just as much as his mommy and daddy!  By Saturday afternoon Brooke was running a little fever too.  I already blogged about this day in my "Healing Chair" Post. So Saturday night David went back to his parents to get ready for church on Sunday.  Since there was no church Sunday night and Monday was Memorial day the kids and I stayed at our house Saturday night and didn't go to church on Sunday.  Both kids woke up with a fever again on Sunday but were acting a little more like themselves than they were on Saturday.  We had fun relaxing and I got to do a little shopping on Monday and got some GREAT bargains at Oshkosh and Gap!!

I guess it was maybe Tuesday I realized Micah was having some diarrhea and what I thought was a bad diaper rash.  I called the nurse at his pediatrician's office to see if there was something he could take to help him get better and for the diaper rash.  Of course they just want it to "run it's course" and they told me to put crisco on the rash.  I had never heard of it and didn't have any so I didn't do that.  It seemed to be getting better so we went to church Wed night. 

Micah is getting a little more physical these days too.  I think we are approaching the terrible 3's/sibling rilvary/"things are different and I don't know how to handle it" stage of life.  I've noticed him pushing, shoving, taking things away from Brooke lately and being more physical when playing with his toys.  Well, on Thursday he hit me while I was telling him something he didn't like or want to do and then when he got mad latter that night he pushed me.  He has hit me once or twice before and it's all been when Daddy wasn't here and since we've moved.  Daddy once again wasn't here Thursday night when this happened.  He got in big trouble for those things but I think we are going to have to figure something else out if it happens again. 

Friday was a pretty normal day but Micah was still having diahrrea and the rash is getting worse. 

Saturday Brooke and I went to a wedding in Huntsville and Micah and Daddy went to have a some "daddy time" to hopefully help with above behavior.  They went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and I think they both had a great time!!  Not sure if Micah liked the movie more or eating a bunch of candy!??!  David said Micah got a little scared right before they went into the theather to watch the movie and he thought it was going to be a disaster but they sat down for a few mintues so Micah wouldn't get to upset.  He wasn't really sure what Micah was upset about but started talking about watching the Panda and Micah was ok and they went in to watch the movie!
Brooke and I had fun at the wedding we went to...I think she is going to be my little dancing queen!  She was so happy and smiley when we were dancing!  Hopefully I'll do a blog soon with some pics!
After the wedding I went to a Nurting Moment (specialty baby store with a lot of more natural type things) and asked if they had anything for bad diaper rash.  The lady that owns it asked if he had bad red bumps and he did she thought it was probably more of a fungus and suggested a spray that is several different oils.  I also talked to my mom and Bob recommended a fungus cream so we got both to try.  I was so ready for him to be better!!

Sunday Micah woke up with some blood around the edges of his diaper from the irritation so the kids and I didn't go to church.  We let Micah's rash/bumps "air out" so he would hopfully get better.  So Sunday we had a little impromptu potty training day.  And what a day it was!  But he only had 3 accidents!! One was outside on the patio so no big deal, one was on a vynal table cloth we put down to play on, and only one was actually on the carpet.  I would say pretty good for the first day!  Other parts of the day were not so fun but looking on the bright side he did good going to the potty!! His bottom was starting to look a little better.

Monday was the first day of VBS at church but we decided the kids and I should stay home to give Micah a little more time to get better.  He woke up with diarreah again...ugh!  So we had "airing out" day 2!  I think he maybe only had 1 accident!?!?  Both kids actually took a nap at the same time too!!  This hasn't happened in what seems like forever!!  And I took a nap with them!  After the last few days I was sooo tired!  Micah's rash/bumps were looking better so we decided we could go to vbs on Tuesday!

Micah woke up this morning and his bumps looked sooo much better than just a few days ago!  They aren't completly gone yet but I think in another day or two they will be!  yay!!!  We had a good day at VBS too!  I'm helping with 2nd grade girls and David is working in recreation.  Thankfully Micah did fine going to the nursery!  I was a little worried since we hadn't been since last Wed but he did fine.  He was having fun playing when I went to nurse Brooke and didn't get sad at all!  The 3 of us all took a nap again today and when we woke up they got to play with their cousins Jack and Leah.  That was a fun surprise especially for Micah!
oh, and no potty training today...maybe after vbs is over....  I think Micah is ready but life has just been too crazy lately!  But when is life not crazy!!?!?!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment